> From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] (Brian Somers)
> Date: Fri 8 Jun, 2001
> Subject: Re: Unrecognised CBCP packet [strange problems with ppp(8)]

> To be honest, I have no idea what's going on here.  It doesn't even
> look as if you sent any data.  I think you may have to ask your ISP
> why they're closing the connection :/

I just recently switched to user mode ppp and I get these, apparently
when my ISP closes the connection as expected after an idle time.

Don't know if this is relevant to the situation being discussed, though...

Mark Valentine, Thuvia Labs <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>       <http://www.thuvia.co.uk>
"Tigers will do ANYTHING for a tuna fish sandwich."       Mark Valentine uses
"We're kind of stupid that way."   *munch* *munch*        and endorses FreeBSD
  -- <http://www.calvinandhobbes.com>                  <http://www.freebsd.org>