David O'Brien wrote:

> On Sat, Oct 06, 2001 at 03:26:40AM -0700, Terry Lambert wrote:
> > I could rent one at a colocation facility.  But I live in Silicon
> > Valley, and I can't even get a connection faster than an ISDN line;
> > I'm 2000 feet "too far away" for DSL.
>
> Uh Terry, you know very well you have a freefall.freebsd.org account and
> thus the ability to publish files on ftp.freebsd.org.  Nice how you leave
> out that detail as it does not back up your claim.

I haven't been able to log in since they went to SSH, which
is one of the reasons my .forward file still points to
[EMAIL PROTECTED] insterad of [EMAIL PROTECTED], and
email sent there currently bounces while I sort out the email
forwarding issue for my domain with Earthlink, which doesn't
provide the level of service of the ISP they purchased my
dialup account from.  It's also the reason I don't take down
my UMICH LDAP patches (they were folded in with the UMICH code
as the basis for the OpenLDAP project, so they're not really
needed any more).

Check the lastlog, if you don't believe me.

I know that Garrett Wollman suffered from the same problem
(the SSH changover shot him in the shorts) until just recently.

I just (as in a matter of weeks) got SSH clients working on my
local systems so I could work from home, but for file transfers,
I'd still have to come out of the account to an FTP somewhere
else (i.e. pull the files -- a chicken and egg problem, as I do
not have an FTP server) or set up a procmail filter to capture
and not forward specific email (I'm willing to do that).

So while you are correct that there is an account there, I can't
log into it right now, and I don't know to whom I should send
the passwd file line now that I'm able to do that, since the
changeover was long enough ago that the hosting for the
machine has changed since then.

-- Terry