On Fri, Feb 01, 2002 at 04:26:13PM -0800, Terry Lambert wrote:

Hi Terry,

> Who is a GTK hacker?

I've done some GTK programs in the past.

> Does someone want to write a "registry editor" program?
>
> The point of the program would be to edit the "FreeBSD
> Registry", rc.conf, and make it look just like the Windows
> Registry in the editor, using "_" as the implied path
> component/terminal component (key) seperator.
>
> Then we can all be honest with ourselves that the only
> difference between it an the Windows Registry is that
> the Windows registry is accessible/modifiable from
> kernel mode, and the path component and key names.

Are you really serious about this? :) I've thought about that many
times, well, not with the registry paradigm, but some sort of graphical
admin tool based on GTK. I'm doing exams this week but may take a go at
it after I finish them.

Cheers,
--
        Miguel Mendez - [EMAIL PROTECTED]