Garance A Drosihn writes:

>>We could add 'rm -rf /usr/include/*' at a suitable point inside
>>the installworld target.
>
>Installers should not be blindly removing entire directory structures.

The only things that live under /usr/include are those owned by the
system's install target, therefore it can do what it likes with
that part of the tree. /usr/include should never contain files that
do not correspond to the system's current build environment, and
any files pertaining to the current build environment will be
installed by the install target. There's no conflict here; anything
that stops working after a "make install" scrubs /usr/include is
itself broken.

--lyndon