-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]] On Behalf Of William Coles
Sent: Sunday, January 05, 2003 2:15 PM
To: freebsd-questions
Subject: Installing FreeBSD 4.7 from ISO image

Greetings,

I'm new to the list and new to FreeBSD. Here is my situation:

I have downloaded the 4.7-mini iso from one of the ftp sites. I have
extracted the file and burnt it onto a cd-rw as a data cd (ISO) using
nero.
I am trying to install FreeBSD from this disc, but am having difficulty.
little more background on my current system config... I am running win2k
pro
(NTFS), which is dedicated to one of my hard drives. I have freed up
another
hard drive (3 GB) to install nix. I changed my BIOS settings to boot
from
CD, restarted and... the system boots into windows. I feel I'm just
overlooking a simple detail, but I'm not familiar enough with FreeBSD
yet to
understand what I need to do to install. I have read the eratta.txt,
readme.txt and the install.txt, but can't seem to find what file is the
actual install file, or how I can go about installing from the CD onto
my
available drive? Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Bill

you should have only burned the iso file from nero and not "extracted" it.
extracting it would give you the files but not the boot info and possible munged the
filenames.