Ok, this one is pretty frustrating.  We had a power cut tonight, and
my machine rebooted.  It came up quite nicely, better than I expected,
considering I had recently updated some of the startup packages, and
hadn't yet had a chance to power cycle it myslef.

One problem.  Now, when I log into X, my window manager won't come up.
I get the dull grey grid with an 'X' mouse pointer, and the console,
but no menu, terminal, nothing.  My ~/.Xclients hasn't changed, and
that's where I've always started fvwm2 from  I even had it redirect
error output to a file so I could see what was the problem when
something didn't work.  Now, I see nothing.  The ~/.FVWM-errors file
never gets created, so it looks like .Xclients never gets executed.

Did the XFree86 desktop init file change?  I can't find any docs on
it.  Manpages aren't much help either.   And since I can't get
anythign running in X, I can't get a browser up to go to xfree86.org
and see.  Hell, I like the TTY terminals for some things, but even
Mutt is kindof a pain there.

Lou
--
Louis LeBlanc               [EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://www.keyslapper.org

"Elves and Dragons!" I says to him.  "Cabbages and potatoes are better
for you and me."
    -- J. R. R. Tolkien