This depends a lot on your print jobs. Low quality machine-generated PostScript output can be slow. PCL can also be slow. The only way to really know is to benchmark with your print jobs.

there was no case i found postscript to print faster.

There's also the potential overhead of the print processing systems. Just sending PS in the first place may be quicker than apsfilter or CUPS.

i use lpd+my script for filtering postscript to PCL

Recent printers have fast RISC CPUs and fast PS interpreters. I/O speed comes into it, too. FreeBSD seems particularly slow over parallel and USB

both not true, but just use lptcontrol for parallel port!