Unfortunately, I don't think Adobe is likely to give a damn about people
who would switch to FreeBSD (or FreeBSD spin-off like PC-BSD) if there

do we need whole lot FreeBSD users? no. after certain amount of users quality starts to go down. the same was with linux

whether there's a current, stable Flash player available.  Adobe wants
market penetration -- which it's just as happy to get by people being
"stuck" on MS Windows as by any other means.

simply don't use flash if it's author don't want you to do it - as that's what exactly is. they want only windoze and linux users to use flash, so don't use it.