Jerry McAllister wrote:
On Sun, Jun 08, 2008 at 03:01:36AM -0300, sergio lenzi wrote:

Well...

Here I am in a project of notebooks for schools
machines with 13" 120gb  of disk turion 64...
All of them running FreeBSD 7.0  it is about 7000 notebooks
in the first year...
With a total of 35000 notebooks in 3 years... and counting...
may be a total of 100,000 notebooks in 5 years...

Sounds like you should also install the BSD Stats utility on those
machines so they will report their existence to the stats.  It would
significantly update the numbers.

////jerry

What is the project? An article about it would be great for FreeBSD news...

Chris

Because of special taxes applied in the notebooks,
the user must use FreeBSD or Linux.  If the user formats
the computer and install other non open source OS,
the user must pay the taxes difference to the project...
a value of about US$200. and will not be able to access
the university data.
Well.. about the flashplugin...  it is a problem... for sure...
they work with flashplugin 7....

The wireless is a problem too, for that we choose intel or atheros
chip...

Tell the flashplugin team about... please

Sergio