DVI = Digital Visual Interface (aka Digital Video Interface)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Digital_Visual_Interface

Basically instead of sending analog signals from PC to monitor, it's a digital data stream. You won't get any distortion between source and destination.

At 10:56 PM 7/28/2008, you wrote:
On Mon, Jul 28, 2008 at 10:30:22PM -0400, Chris Hill wrote:
> On Mon, 28 Jul 2008, Chris Hill wrote:
>
> >On Mon, 28 Jul 2008, Gary Kline wrote:
> >
> >>[snip] whatever display i get has to have dual capability. both
> >>digital and analog-- eventually I'll need a new KVM box.
> >>
> >>so what are the top few makes of LCDs out there?
> >
> >I've been using a ViewSonic VP930b for a few years, and been very
> >happy with it. It has two VGA inputs, no DVI. Probably not made
> >anymore so I guess that's moot.
>
> - Replying to my own post like a tool -
>
> This monitor does in fact have a DVI input in addition to the two VGAs.
> Don't know if that counts as 'digital' or not.

while i can still TYPE today:: the fact is that i was a hardware major, not software. but got shuffled into pporting an f77 compiler for my intership.... now, i know almost Zero about hardware, so no clue what this "dvi input" means. sad, isnt it?

--
 Gary Kline  [EMAIL PROTECTED]  http://www.thought.org  Public Service Unix

        Brad Mettee
        PC HotShots, Inc.
        Baltimore, MD
        (410) 426-7617

     -> Let us bring out the *Power* of your PCs. <-
-> Custom Business Software Solutions since 1991 <-

visit http://www.pchotshots.com for information about our company.