Since the major portion of the world's misery, both past and present, can be directly attributed to organized religion, I find this incessant prattling about the "demon" (INTENTIONAL misspelling) logo and some of the other things like this thing below to be totally offensive. The Middle East is in a shambles and those people have been squabbling for 5000 years over who's ideas about God are right. Europe has fared no better and neither has the New World - just ask the Native Indian population. Millions of people have died over religion. It doesn't really matter which one. Pick one - they are ALL equally guilty. The short-sighted narrow-minded viewpoint expressed below is PRECISELY the mind-set that encourages and promotes things like the Inquisition. Since it does nothing but add to the sum total of human misery, I find postings like this to be highly offensive.

If you think that you might be going to hell over reading something that says "cvsup666", then you are probably already in one and too brainwashed to get out.

At http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/cvsup.html, cvsup666 is used as an example. Out of all the possible three number combos, why was 666 used? As a Christian, this does bother me and I would like to know why exactly it was used. I do not think this is being extreme or unreasonable. Please note that I do not want to start a confrontation or cause problems etc... with this question. Simply the answer. If you would prefer, please feel free to email me directly if you feel this may cause problems on this list. I help admin a few freebsd servers and so this of extra interest to me.

notvalid
<><

Thanks,

Ms. Jimi Thompson, CISSP, Rev.

"Those who are too smart to engage in politics are punished by being governed by those who are dumber." --Plato

To Unsubscribe: send mail to [EMAIL PROTECTED] with "unsubscribe freebsd-questions" in the body of the message