From: "Sergio de Almeida Lenzi" <le...@lzt.com.br>
Sent: Saturday, February 28, 2009 11:54 AM
To: "freebsd-questions" <questi...@freebsd.org>
Subject: THE HACKINTOSH

Hello...

Seems that I was acused of "warez", "pirate...",

So, please if you to to the site of hackintosh, you will
see that it is a Darwin, Macos is based on Darwin, and because
of the copyright (the famous GPL...) apple must give away
the software they use to build macos...
so there is Darwin if you look at http://www.opensource.apple.com/darwinsource
it show all the Leopards including the 10.5.6 (source code)...
I did not see any restriction of use, for darwin, (well may be a commercial use???)

Apple is NOT GPL. Since the code is based on BSD Licensed code, the don't have to do anything they don't want to.