Jerry wrote:
On Mon, 20 Apr 2009 03:58:10 +0200
Polytropon <free...@edvax.de> wrote:

[snip]

While CTRL+ALT+Backspace does not kill the X server, I can press CTRL+ALT+F1 or ALT+F1 to return to the text mode console. I then kill the X server via CTRL+C.
There's a new setting that needs to be put into xorg.conf:

        Section "ServerFlags"
                Option "DontZap" "false"
        EndSection

Then you should be able to Ctrl+Alt+BkSpace to kill X.

Maybe I am reading this incorrectly; however, in my /etc/xorg.conf file,
I have this notation.

# Uncomment this to disable the <Ctrl><Alt><BS> server abort sequence
# This allows clients to receive this key event.

#    Option "DontZap"

It would seem the language is confusing. As I would understand it,
uncommenting the line disables the sequence. Therefore, it would seem
to indicate that leaving it commented out activates the sequence. Maybe
the language should be cleaned up.

Heh, it can be quite confusing because it enables the system to *not* do something, which is the reverse of what we usually think options do. Using Option "DontZap" simply enables "DontZap" which prevents CTRL+ALT+BSKP from being used. Hence disabling DontZap allows X-Server to be... Zapped or killed by the key combination ;)