[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
I have a static IP and a number of remotes with Cable or ADSL access. Remotes have FreeBSD, or router firewalls ala Linksys, Netgears.

To make support/access easier can I set up my own Dynamic DNS server on
the static address and have those remotes register their IP's with it
when they change ?
Thanks in Advance -Jay.

Sure, why not. I don't have experience with *dynamic* DNS but i do operate a *private* DNS server in our department. You have to put your DNS server's IP into your clients' /etc/resolv.conf and setup your DNS server to forward requests that it can't hande itself to yur ISP's DNS server.

HTH

Heinrich

--

Heinrich Rebehn

University of Bremen
Physics / Electrical and Electronics Engineering
- Department of Telecommunications -

E-mail: mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Phone : +49/421/218-4664
Fax   :            -3341

To Unsubscribe: send mail to [EMAIL PROTECTED] with "unsubscribe freebsd-questions" in the body of the message