At 2003-03-05T05:25:50Z, [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

> To make support/access easier can I set up my own Dynamic DNS server on
> the static address and have those remotes register their IP's with it when
> they change ?  Thanks in Advance -Jay.

Sure!  You'll want to install the net/bind9 port (which is an easy upgrade
From the BIND 8 that ships with FreeBSD).  Google for "nsupdate TSIG";
`nsupdate' is the program that your clients will run to update their DNS
entries, and `TSIG' is the authentication system that BIND uses to verify
that the reguest is from a legitimate party.
--
Kirk Strauser
In Googlis non est, ergo non est.