On Wed, 5 Mar 2003, at 07:54 [=GMT-0800], [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> On Wed, 05 Mar 2003 07:29:29 -0800 (PST), Peter Elsner wrote:
>
> > Sure...   I'm almost positive there are ports available that do that
> > sort
> > of thing,
>
> I see a number of ports that can do the Client side but none to run as a
> server.

The server side you get for free with the registration of your domain,
at least with Enom (and its many resellers, which are much cheaper,
see e.g. www.domainless.com).

On the client side you run from cron (say every 15 minutes) just this
script:

#!/bin/sh
#This sends the dynamic IP number of the Cable Connection
#to Enom to update the IN A of myveryowndomain.com.
fetch -o update.txt http://dynamic.name-services.com/interface.asp
\?Command=SetDNSHost\&Zone=\%myveryowndomain.com\&DomainPa
ssword=\%verysecret