While I'm at it, It has to be pointed out that native MacOSX apps don't necessary make calls to Quartz directly. (Only graphically intensive apps should make such call for specific reasons) Most standard GUI applications can be built using only the Cocoa Frameworks.

Beside, on the compatibility side, most applications for the Macintosh are only partially ported from MacOS9, using a compatibility library called Carbon. This is the case for most Adobe Apps. To run the, you would need a clone of the Carbon lib, plus whatever other stuff is hiding behind...

Raphael

Also an happy OSX station/FreeBSD sever user ;)

Le Mercredi, 30 juil 2003, ŗ 03:42 Europe/Zurich, Chad Leigh -- Shire.Net LLC a ťcrit :