On Thu, Oct 09, 2003 at 09:31:05PM -0300, Marc G. Fournier wrote:
> On Fri, 10 Oct 2003, Lewis Thompson wrote:
> > Just causing system reboots.  Randomly.
> >
> >   Also, for some reason it doesn't seem to propogate permissions, which
> > is annoying for using them as the bases for jails.
>
> system reboots: what version of OS?

5.1-RELEASE, latest patches.  I think this might be the problem.  I'm
having vinum issues too.

> permissions: do you have a way I can "test this"?

If I use unionfs as the ``base'' for the jail then every directory seems
to be automagically owned by the person that mounted it (i.e. root).
This causes me problems for stuff like mailspool, etc.  I think this is
the way unionfs works though, not an issue I am personally having.

-lewiz.

--
I was so much older then, I'm younger than that now.  --Bob Dylan, 1964.
-| msn:[EMAIL PROTECTED] | jab:[EMAIL PROTECTED] | url:http://lewiz.net |-