On Nov 24, 2003, at 1:10 PM, Jesse Guardiani wrote:

Will Prater wrote:

List,

What are most of you using to monitor the running daemons? I have been
loooking into DJB daemontools which seems appropriate, but are there
any others that you reccomend?

If DJB's daemontools is the one, could I get some more examples? I am
primarily trying to keep my mail system online: postfix, cyrus,
saslauthd, mysql, and spamassassin.

I'm particularly fond of daemontools/supervise, actually. You've got to
jump through some hoops to get it working (process must run in foreground,
process must start first time, etc..), but it's very reliable and the
qmail style qmailctl script can be adapted to any configuration with minimal
work to make an excellent control script.

Yes, it looks promising. I have it working for a few of my processes. I was looking to something similar to Mac OS X Servers watchdog. This is much better.

I get weird errors when I am trying to get saslauthd since I have to use fghack to get it going.

Can you send me the qmailctl script or some examples that you have with some daemons on your system?

Thanks

--
Jesse Guardiani, Systems Administrator
WingNET Internet Services,