On Tuesday, January 13, 2004, at 10:29 AM, Andrew Boothman wrote:

How are you trying to mount your floppy? "mount -t msdos /dev/fd0 /mnt"?

Well, I was just naively trying mount /dev/fd0 /mnt, but now I've tried it as you suggest, and again gotten "Device not configured". This is also what fdformat gives me when I try to format the disk. I'm also unable so far to mount the CD drive.

Are your serial ports probed correctly during boot? Look at "dmesg|grep cuaa".

Now, that's interesting. I get results for sio, but nothing for cuaa or tty.

All the best,

John A