On Friday 09 April 2004 01:08 pm, Andreas Davour wrote:
> On Fri, 9 Apr 2004, Gary Kline wrote:
> >     If I can offer a practical tip re cvsu'ing and running 'pkgdb
> >     -Uu', why not script it and run it out of cron?  That's how I
> >     make sure tht my ports tree is neat nd clean.
>
> Well, when I have succeeded in doing a portupgrade by hand I think
> that might be an option. I must feel confident that it works before I
> dare script it by cron.
>
> One thing confuses me, though. I refers to 'pkgdb -Uu', but the man
> page for that program don't mention a -U flag. There is another
> program called 'portsdb' that have both a -u and a -U flag. Which one
> am I supposed to use. Both?

You figured out the right one. I frequently mix the 2 up but only one
has the -uU option :). I use make index instead of portsdb -u but
portsdb now uses make index to build INDEX[-5]. So my way isn't
different any more.

I also forgot to add that I use a cronjob to do the cvsup but I do it
twice a day.

Kent

--
Kent Stewart