On Friday 09 April 2004 02:22 pm, Gary Kline wrote:
> On Fri, Apr 09, 2004 at 01:19:47PM -0700, Kent Stewart wrote:

>       To clear things up a bit, my upgrade scripts are not cron'd.
>       --Experience is a solid teacher.--  One script does basically
>       a portupgrade -ia, the other simply a -a; either way I have to
>       sit thru the pkgdb -F. The rest of the scripts do
>       portclean and leave a log of what needs to be upgraded.

One of the things I don't log is the ports that need to be updated after
I have new INDEX* files. That made redoing things after the glib-2.4.0
update more difficult. The process I used had built something out of
order and had a port that still wanted libglib-2.0.so.200 instead of
the new .so.400.

If I had the log, I could have just force rebuilt everything instead of
letting ruby (an AMD 2400+) spend 13 hours doing a -rf glib. When I get
back from dinner, I think I will create a script to log the portversion
-c. Then, I will have a list of ports that need to be updated.
Hindsight after a problem is a good teacher.

Kent

--
Kent Stewart
Richland, WA