Charles Swiger wrote:
On Jun 8, 2004, at 1:59 PM, Bill Moran wrote:

Hopefully I'll get my flat screen back soon from repair. I guess those use
less power, right?

I remember having this conversation with someone not too long ago, and our
consensus was that flat screens used just as much power as tube monitors. Don't
hold me to that, though, I don't seem to remember our testing technique as being
very ... uhm ... "scientific".

No need to guess, use an amp-meter. :-)

Well If it measure trueRMS then you could use it, otherwise no.

Radio Shack and the like will sell something with male and female plugs that will measure both voltage and current, and give you the current power load in Watts. Smart UPSes may also have a similar capability.

Yes but it will only show you the correct value if the load is a pure resistans, not if it's reactiv, as all switching psu's are.

/