On 11/10/15 17:50, Ian Lepore wrote:
On Tue, 2015-11-10 at 17:40 +0100, Hans Petter Selasky wrote:
On 11/10/15 17:28, Burton Sampley wrote:
SYSFS{idVendor}=="2100", SYSFS{idProduct}=="9e56",
RUN+="/sbin/modprobe -q
ftdi_sio vendor=0x2100 product=0x9e56"

How do I accomplish the same in FreeBSD?  When the cable is plugged
in, I
get the following in /var/log/messages:

Hi,

See examples here:

https://svnweb.freebsd.org/ports/head/multimedia/webcamd/files/webcam
d.conf.in?view=markup

--HPS

But the info in those examples won't cause the uftdi driver to attach
to the device (as shown in the linux-based example), that can only
happen if the vid/pid are added to the table in the driver itself,
right?  I don't remember any mechanism in our usb world for forcing a
driver to attach to a device that isn't compiled into the driver's
usb_device_id array.

On the other hand, if the device is going to be accessed via libusb
and/or libftdi, I'm not sure the tty driver needs to attach to it at
all; don't those libraries work purely through the ugen device?

Right. This might be a feature for:

https://reviews.freebsd.org/D3458