On Fri, 14 Jan 2011, Thierry Herbelot wrote:

"Bjoern A. Zeeb" <bzeeb-li...@lists.zabbadoz.net> a écrit
On Thu, 18 Nov 2010, Thierry Herbelot wrote:
"Bjoern A. Zeeb" <bzeeb-li...@lists.zabbadoz.net> a écrit

On Thu, 18 Nov 2010, Thierry Herbelot wrote:
"Bjoern A. Zeeb" <bzeeb-li...@lists.zabbadoz.net> a écrit

On Wed, 17 Nov 2010, Thierry Herbelot wrote:
As promised, here are the full logs (in attachment)

This is a serial console log showing the command loop that triggers
the bug on a debug kernel and ensuing DDB session.

the obvious problem line is :
         routetbl         2684       303890K         3469

(further tests showed an increase of the routetbl malloc zone by
4MBytes for each vnet jail creation/destruction cycle)

Hmm, I had fixed that (somewhere).  I'll see where the patch went. You
are on 8.1-RELEASE or -STABLE?

This will be for a -release, thus 8.1 for now, but we will switch to
8.2 ASAP

Well wait; I am not sure the changes are in SVN at all.  I'll get back
to you.

OK for us : we are still in the process of deploying the solution, but
still we will test any patch you can forward ;-)

Do you have FLOWTABLE enabled in your kernel config?

Hello,

I will check at work on monday, but I think so, as the kernel configuration
was derived from GENERIC.

that would have been the reason for the memory leaks.

BTW, the setup we wanted (ie with VIMAGE) is showing good stability (with 8.2-
stable) as we have removed the need to start and stop the jails. we will

but with that you won't see it anymore.

/bz

        <ks> Going to jail sucks -- <bz> All my daemons like it!
  http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/jails.html