Hi!

K.P.> - Pulling the power on the active node hosting both VM's (i.e. Windows
K.P.> guest, and FreeBSD guest) - this showed the remaining node trying to bring
K.P.> up the VM's (of which Windows came up OK, and FreeBSD [file system]  got
corrupted).

A.G.> Yes, it should work.
A.G.>My understanding is that the failover should be agnostic to the guest OS but there could be some integration component that we might have missed.

What _exactly_ "should work" ?

1)  This issue not related Hyper-V cluster itself
!) When "Pulling the power" i.e. turn off 220V in Europa ( or 110V in USA ) on UPS device _both_ FAT on Windows and FreeBSD [file system] got corrupted

(  "Windows came up OK"  look like because on this VM file system is NTFS )

K.P.> Hyper-V correctly see's the node fail, and restarts both VM's on the
K.P.> remaining node. Windows 7 boots fine (says it wasn't shut down correctly -
K.P.> which is correct) - but FreeBSD doesn't survive.
K.P.>
K.P.> At boot time we get a blank screen with "-" on it (i.e. the first part of
K.P.> the boot 'spinner') - and nothing else.
K.P.>
K.P.> Booting to a network copy of FreeBSD and looking at the underlying virtual
K.P.> disk - it appears to be trashed. You can mount it (but it understandably
K.P.> warns it's not clean) - however, any access leads to an instant panic
('bad
K.P.> dir ino 2 at offset 0: mangled entry').
K.P.>
K.P.> Trying to run fsck against the file system throws up an impressive amounts
K.P.> of 'bad magic' errors and 'rebuild cylinder group?' prompts.

To Karl: I ask You about some details . . .
Are You see related e-mail?

Best regards, Victor Miasnikov
Blog:  http://vvm.blog.tut.by/

----- Original Message ----- From: "Abhishek Gupta (LIS)"