On Tue, Jan 28, 2014 at 11:10 AM, Peter Grehan <gre...@freebsd.org> wrote:

> Hi Andrea,
>

>  We did a very rough comparison betweend BHyVe and VMWare ESXi. Maybe
>> you want to give it a read and let me know if I did write a bunch of
>> sh!t :-)
>>

>  Looks good to me :) Thanks for running the tests.
>
>  Would you be able to list the command options you used with bhyve when
> running these tests ?
>
>  What I couldn't really understand (but that's something not related
>> to bhyve or VMWare) is how a multiprocessor machine is slower than a
>> singleprocessor machine in doing the compilation... any idea?
>>

>  Is hyper-threading enabled on your system ? If not, then with a host only
> having 2 CPUs and a 2 vCPU guest, there isn't as much opportunity to
> overlap host i/o threads with vCPU threads.

Depends on how your setting up bhyve for example PetiteCloud limits it to
no more then a 1 to 1 ratio of real to virtual cpu (after playing with
something I will be posting about later today [me and Dee have the policy
of no pronouncements] I am seriously thinking making this n vcpu to 1 real
cpu... what do people think the best way to implement and the right ration
for this is...)