Hi Andrea,

unfortunately we've been a bit sloppy in tracking the time output
because initially it was just an internal test, thus we don't have the
details.

 No problems.

We're setting up a new round of tests we'll run tomorrow and we'll track
user/system/real in a more precise way; I will also publish a graph with
the three stacked piles.

 Thanks, that'd be great.

Some suggestions: if you're not already, I'd recommend using ahci-hd for disk images instead of virtio-blk. The AHCI emulation uses a thread for block i/o so won't block the VM on reads. Also, I'd recommend using a network login to the guest rather than running something from the console. The UART emulation in bhyve will result in a lot of VM exits, which can impact performance.