I'm trying to plan out how to potentially address this.

I don't know whether it'll be enough to just set TXE to 1 for that
queue and restart TX that way. I was hoping you'd post some more
results with aggregate frames, but it doesn't seem to be happening.

I'm hoping I don't have to stop the DMA for that queue and re-start it
again. That's going to be relatively error-prone.

ath9k and the reference driver have a bunch of workarounds to notice a
stalled TX queue and restart things. I'm not really happy doing that;
I'd rather try and fix the problem(s) before 10.0.

Adrian