On Sat, Jan 11, 2014 at 10:36 PM, Erich Dollansky <
erichsfreebsdl...@alogt.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> On Fri, 10 Jan 2014 21:45:59 -0800
> Adrian Chadd <adr...@freebsd.org> wrote:
>
> > Please help dig up which change broke it. Even just test out the head
> > iwn code from 6 months ago.
>
> I came to a very strange result. I have iwn in the kernel since June
> 2012 using 10. I also have had run in the kernel of another machine
> since February 2011. I could not even add runfw to the kernel those
> days running some 8 stable. I kept it that way until now.
>
> run was always working. iwn gave problems starting between August and
> November of last year on my access point but still worked on other
> places. I used iwn to connect successfully to another wireless network
> mid November 2013.
>
> After adding the firmware to the kernel for both iwn and run, I could
> compile the kernel and iwn started to work. runfw did not break
> compilation.
>
> I wonder now if the iwn or run could even work without firmware or if
> the firmware was automatically loaded even when iwn or run where
> compiled into the kernel.
>
> Erich

Some things look odd here. I had been running with crypto debug for about
15 hours when I captured the attached log. The things tha looks odd to me
are two series of "AES-CCM replay detected" errors.
Jan 12 00:54:03 rogue kernel: wlan0: [00:26:b8:67:c3:2d] AES-CCM replay
detected tid 16 <rsc 1165, csc 1207, keyix 2 rxkeyix 65535>
[rsc inc. by one 41 times until rsc = csc]
Jan 12 00:54:03 rogue kernel: wlan0: [00:26:b8:67:c3:2d] AES-CCM replay
detected tid 16 <rsc 1206, csc 1207, keyix 2 rxkeyix 65535>

One VERY odd thing is the MAC address. It is one byte from being the
address of my Verizon/ActionTec wireless router. It is the only device on
my network that has an OID of 00:26:b8, but the last nibble is 28 while
these errors claim a MAC ending in 2d.

The setkey statements with a MAC of FF:FF:FF:FF:FF:FF also look odd to be,
but I am pretty clueless about the meaning of most of the message, do it
might be fine, but looks strange.

During this time I have not had the network  completely hang and require an
interface restart.

Does this provide anything useful?
--
R. Kevin Oberman, Network Engineer, Retired
E-mail: rkober...@gmail.com