Hello,

El 11/04/15 a les 12.20, Gustau Pérez ha escrit:

>    Hi there,
>
>    testing xen with an i7-third gen/16GB/256SSD laptop I'm suffering two
> issues:
>
>    - Distorted sound in the privileged domain when the xen kernel is
> loaded (using pulseaudio or oss, it doesn't matter). When the xen_kernel
> is not used (removing xen_kernel and unloading the xen kernel in the
> bootloader) the sound comes just fine. I haven't used other audio
> outputs than dsp0 (headphones/speakers built in the laptop).

I'm also experiencing the same issue with my boxes. On one of them
there's simply no sound, on the other one sound is completely
scrambled/distorted.

I'm afraid this is going to take some time to solve, since I don't have
any experience with audio devices.

>    - Running a PV domU guest causes the machine to reboot. I tried
> running the domU guest in the text console (I booted them machine wout
> X) to see if xen was able to throw me some debug, but nothing came out.

So this only happens when running X and trying to launch a PV domain.
Without X loaded PV domains work fine?

> Fully HVM domains do work fine (I have tried WindowsXP and FreeBSD 10.1
> just fine).
>
>    This is the machine dmesg:
>
>        http://dpaste.com/0GED11W
>
>    I carried my $work dockstation, which has a serial port on it. I also
> have another machine here, so I could debug the laptop via the serial port.
>
>    A bit offtopic, but I'd like to ask if the xl toolstack has support
> for iscsi target disks. It would appear it is supported, according to this:
>
>          http://wiki.xen.org/wiki/Tuning_Xen_for_Performance#Storage_options

The iscsi support is only available for Linux Dom0, because the hotplug
script is using the Linux iscsi tools.

http://xenbits.xen.org/gitweb/?p=xen.git;a=blob;f=tools/hotplug/Linux/block-iscsi

If you want you can copy it to tools/hotplug/FreeBSD and modify it in
order to work for FreeBSD. I can try to take a look at it at some point,
but my plate is quite full right now :(.

Roger.