El 11/04/15 a les 12.20, Gustau Pérez ha escrit:
>    Hi there,
>    testing xen with an i7-third gen/16GB/256SSD laptop I'm suffering two
> issues:
>    - Distorted sound in the privileged domain when the xen kernel is
> loaded (using pulseaudio or oss, it doesn't matter). When the xen_kernel
> is not used (removing xen_kernel and unloading the xen kernel in the
> bootloader) the sound comes just fine. I haven't used other audio
> outputs than dsp0 (headphones/speakers built in the laptop).

I'm also experiencing the same issue with my boxes. On one of them
there's simply no sound, on the other one sound is completely

I'm afraid this is going to take some time to solve, since I don't have
any experience with audio devices.

>    - Running a PV domU guest causes the machine to reboot. I tried
> running the domU guest in the text console (I booted them machine wout
> X) to see if xen was able to throw me some debug, but nothing came out.

So this only happens when running X and trying to launch a PV domain.
Without X loaded PV domains work fine?

> Fully HVM domains do work fine (I have tried WindowsXP and FreeBSD 10.1
> just fine).
>    This is the machine dmesg:
>        http://dpaste.com/0GED11W
>    I carried my $work dockstation, which has a serial port on it. I also
> have another machine here, so I could debug the laptop via the serial port.
>    A bit offtopic, but I'd like to ask if the xl toolstack has support
> for iscsi target disks. It would appear it is supported, according to this:
>          http://wiki.xen.org/wiki/Tuning_Xen_for_Performance#Storage_options

The iscsi support is only available for Linux Dom0, because the hotplug
script is using the Linux iscsi tools.

If you want you can copy it to tools/hotplug/FreeBSD and modify it in
order to work for FreeBSD. I can try to take a look at it at some point,
but my plate is quite full right now :(.