> [guest - Sun Mar 04 19:29:33 2007]:
>
> > [EMAIL PROTECTED] - Sat Mar 03 22:22:13 2007]:
> >

> well i see that some of you say that the status should be dropped at
> one stage, but i will disagree here.
>
> assume you have a elite carvel crew, you assign them to a new galeon.
> they are very experianced with those kind of ships. so they would
> probably stay elite
> same with frigates->ironclads

I think that is the main inconsistency. If you are assigned a new
technology it does not assume that you become automatically experienced
with it. For instance, Pikemen are upgraded to Musketeers. Do you
really believe that an elite pikeman will become immediately an elite
musketeer? They are using quite different weapons, tactics, etc. The
same is for other technologies, such as catapults and cannons.

People even need time and training to move from one programming
language to another, not talking about being an expert :-)

Sincerely,
Alexander