On 31/08/2007, Joan Creus <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> The way I have translated these strings might help. I have adapted the
> sentence to read:
>
> "Each worked tile with at least 1 point of  %s will yield ..."
>
> Then "All" might become "all kinds of output", or "any output", or something
> similar, and it would fit in all the sentences Marko has dug up. Of course,
> some translator comments would be essential for us translators to make it
> fit in the sentences.

 Those sentences where it appears twice, are problematic:
"... at least 1 point of any output, will yield 2 additional points of
any output"
should be
"... at least 1 point of any output, will yield 2 additional points of
that output"

 And it would be good if we could avoid using such internal concepts
as 'output' in end-user help.

 How about generating list of output types currently in use? That
would turn out something like "food, trade or shields".
 and some example sentences (some using that list, some with specific output):

"... at least 1 point of 'food, trade or shields', will yield 2
additional points of it."
"... at least 1 point of 'food', will yield 2 additional points of it."

 Or do we need two lists? 'or' -list and 'and' -list.

"You pay 2 times normal 'food, trade and shields' upkeep for your units."
"You pay 2 times normal 'food' upkeep for your units."

> Some sentences should be modified, too; anyway, "All production will suffer
> massive waste" is misleading, if it refers to both trade and shields
> (perhaps also food?). Maybe just removing "production" will do the trick:

"'food, trade and shields' production will suffer massive waste"
"'food' production will suffer massive waste"

 - ML