On 9/27/07, Daniel Markstedt <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> On 9/22/07, William Allen Simpson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > Marko Lindqvist wrote:
> > >  I hope beta7 to be last beta, and to that goal I would like to see
> > > just a couple of more problems fixed before it. I will list them
> > > later.
> > >
> > My take is that with a few more problems fixed, it should be ready,
> > based on the list of features that are its requirements:
> >
> > http://freeciv.wikia.com/wiki/TODO-2.1
> >
> > No sense moving the goalposts.
> >

> Marko, could you please add to this todo list? We need to make this
> final spurt towards 2.1.0-final as transparent as possible.
>
> BTW, pepeto wrote about his take on Freeciv's outstanding issue at
> http://freeciv.wikia.com/wiki/User:Pepeto
>
>  ~Daniel

Going through the todo:

   1.  Save script variables in savegame. [done, other script bugs still though]

Good enough for release?

   2. Finish team/player setup in pregame. Notably lacks support for
observers. (jdorje)

Has been added since.

   3. Add the new tileset. [added, but still being worked on]

Definitely good enough IMO.

   4. Fix ranking.

What's the status on this?

   5. Improve voting. [good enough for a 2.1 release now?]

..and this?

   6. Fix helptexts (see 10775, 11051, 15189). (jdorje)

Some work has been done here; good enough for release?

   7. Update .desktop file for client; make .desktop file for server
(need a pixmap for server also).

What's the status on this? What's this needed pixmap?

   8. Distribute FAQ file made from wiki page.

This is yours Egor. Status?

I've started listing outstanding, confirmed bugs at
http://freeciv.wikia.com/wiki/Bugs-2.1

We're already a week into October, the month when 2.1.0-final is
expected. Can't we make a final effort to patch this up, releasing
beta7 followed by RC1 and shipping it with this list of known bugs?

We need to get this out of the door; it's now or never!

 ~Daniel