On Mon, 10 Dec 2007 03:38:47 -0800 Erik Johansson wrote:

> On Dec 10, 2007 11:38 AM, Egor Vyscrebentsov <evyscr> wrote:
> >
> > On Fri, 30 Nov 2007 23:37:40 -0800 Daniel Markstedt wrote:
> > >
> > > On Dec 1, 2007 12:13 PM, Karl Goetz <kamping_kaiser> wrote:
[skip/]

> > > This is the correct behavior. You have to build a _settler_ to disband
> > > the city.
> >
> > Could you build settler when you know engineers?
> > This behavior seems to be buggy for me - city of N size _should_ be
> > destroyed
> > when build any unit with population cost >= N.
>
> In the CivII rulset I'm sure that is the case. In the default there is
> a new unit called worker that is obsoleted by egineers and these units
> doesn't require population to be built, settlers are never obsoleted
> and do require population to be built.

Surely you're right (and the code is right too.)
Could this be a documentation problem? I haven't found such possibility.
All the entries of 'disband city' in .po are about settlers only (which is bad
for me, but this is another story.)
So, Karl, I ask you why you decide that building engineer should cost 1
population?
Was it somewhere in docs or just by analogy with Civ2 rules?
(I'm dancing with civ2 ruleset now, so this is my reason of fail.)

--
Thanks, evyscr