> Synchronisation was what I was trying to say. You seem to have a
> good handle on what problems and bottlenecks happen in practice
> with the networking code, so if you're happy I'm happy.

Sometimes the clients are totally out of synchronizations.  This mostly
occurs on 2 ways:
* When the turn changes, some packets are not handled before, so they are
parsed only in the new turn, then strange things could occur.
* When a client has a very large ping (like over 1 second), bad things could
happen also.