On Sat, 10 Jul 2010 13:46:29 +0200
Matthias Pfafferodt <matthias.pfaffer...@mapfa.de> wrote:

> Am Saturday 10 July 2010 13:10:28 schrieb Matthias Pfafferodt:
> > Hello all developers of freeciv,
> >
> > today I submitted some big changes to trunk:
> >
> > * increase map size to 128.000 (max linear size 512)
> > * increase max number of players to 28
>
> should be 128!

That will be a busy game!

> > * new savegame format (use 'set saveversion -1' to get a savegame
> > in the old format). A script to test the new format can be found at
> > https://gna.org/patch/?1541. It converts a savegame between the
> > different formats and compares them. There should only be
> > differences in the event cache. Due to some processing while
> > sections.

What will happen on clients which don't support the new format (I
assume everything up to 2.2.1)? Will they crash, or simply refuse to
load the files?

I note from the ticket the formats are convertable, so will it be worth
shipping the conversion scripts with newer versions of freeciv?
kk

--
Karl Goetz, (Kamping_Kaiser / VK5FOSS)
http://www.kgoetz.id.au