> That being said, i've seen an AI city of size 32; i struggle
> keep a city > 12 even with Aquaduct, Sewer System, Hospital and
> Genetic Lab. Is there something else i'm missing?
Yes, the AI is building improvements to increase the city health. At some
time I did create a patch to _reduce_ the AI want for such building as it uses
them even in small cities and, thus, reduces its income.

There are no special effect to reduce the effects of plague for the AI.

> Frequent plagues should be a deterrent to migration.
I will create a patch which considers plagues in the migration score.