Follow-up Comment #5, task #7334 (project freeciv):

Just a reminder about this task now it's getting current again (if everything
goes ok, just two patches to commit before I branch gtk3-client)

>> building Gtk3 (and related dependencies) from source (maybe
>> that isn't as scary as I fear).

> All the related packages adhere very well to building standards, > so this
is not scary at all (minor disclaimer: I'm the guy
> developing crosser ( http://www.cazfi.net/crosser/ ) so my view
> of what is 'trivial' to build might be a bit distorted). I can
> write some sort of quick instructions, maybe in form of shell
> script.

Debian unstable seems to have package named libgtk-3-0 now. I assume that
building instructions for gtk3 itself are not needed now?

  <http://gna.org/task/?7334>