Update of bug #18087 (project freeciv):

             Assigned to:                 syntron => jtn
         Planned Release:                   2.4.0 => 2.3.0,2.4.0

Follow-up Comment #13:

Stealing ticket, as I'm currently looking at applying most of this to S2_3,
to deal with bug #17962 (our last real blocker). I have a slightly cleaned up
patch in preparation.

I'm inclined not to actually increase the map size limit so close to an RC,
given that issues are still coming out of the woodwork for our current
limits.

I'll do something sensible with the tickets and assign the unfinished
business back to syntron for 2.4.0.