otherwise, I suggest we leave it out for 2.3.0-RC1, since it's not necessary
to fix the stack issues. Could add it back to a later 2.3.x.
** This bit of the patch is Matthias; it came in between file #12942 (comment
#4) and file #12947 (comment #5).
** Matthias: do you think this patch is useful/necessary for the map size
limits we have on S2_3?
* *trunk-S2_3-hugemap-biggermaps.diff*: This actually increases the maximum
map sizes. I suggest we leave this for trunk only.
** Aside: I think the correct way to express the relationship between
MAP_MAX_SIZE and MAX_DBV_LENGTH is to publish the latter in bitvector.h and
have a static (compile-time) assert in the map code. But we don't seem to have
a static assert mechanism yet. I may look into it.

My tweaks were:
* Remove memset()s that were redundant due to use of fc_calloc()
* Change free() to FC_FREE() throughout, for form's sake
* Add 'const' to constant arrays in smooth_int_map()
* Rationalise away 'ret' in rand_map_pos_filtered()

(file #13529, file #13530, file #13531)

Additional Item Attachment:

File name: trunk-S2_3-hugemap-stack-overflow.diff Size:16 KB
File name: trunk-S2_3-hugemap-colatitude.diff Size:1 KB
File name: trunk-S2_3-hugemap-biggermaps.diff Size:2 KB