Am Montag, 12. September 2011, 10:11:51 schrieb Michal Mazurek:
> On Sun, Sep 11, 2011 at 11:23:38PM +0200, Matthias Pfafferodt wrote:
> > Am Sonntag, 11. September 2011, 10:45:34 schrieb Michal Mazurek:
> > > Would it be possible to create a Longturn branch in the Freeciv
> > > repository? Maintaining my diffs would be a lot easier if I could
> > > commit them somewhere. A branch would be easier because I could update
> > > the code with one svn command. If I were to setup my own repository I
> > > would have to apply diffs manually.
> >
> > I do support this; for the old longturn repository I did had a local
> > copy. Could you post the patches? What are the patches? How much would
> > the difference be?
>
> The diff is here: http://longturn.org/crap/110911.23.diff

Do you have a version with single patches for the different things you have
(like newcomer command, ...)? A year (or two) ago I did split the diff between
freeciv and longturn such that it were small pieces. This helps to get it step
by step into mainline.

Also, you have another way to connect to the database as well as for newcomer.
I got from the discussion that this is mainly due to a lua problem. Did you
find a solution for it? Because two ways to do one thing is bad.

> The reason i didn't create a local repository is that i want to be able
> to update the code easily, with svn up.

You could simply set up a git repo from the main repository:

git svn clone --trunk=trunk --tags=tags --branches=branches
svn://svn.gna.org/svn/freeciv

After that you can update master (= trunk on svn) with git fetch and easily
rebase your local longturn branches. I use such a git repo as my local copy.
So, if you have questions, just ask.

> I abandoned the IRC server, since nobody was interested.
>
> I hope the autocreate command can be ported to freeciv. It takes a file
> with a list of player:team:nation: and creates players appropriately.

In 2.3 (and trunk) a lot of thing are possible with lua. If possible, I would
implement this feature in this language as the infrastructure exists (read lua
file from console; create player).

Matthias (aka syntron)