> > The diff is here: http://longturn.org/crap/110911.23.diff
>
> Do you have a version with single patches for the different things you have
> (like newcomer command, ...)? A year (or two) ago I did split the diff
> between
> freeciv and longturn such that it were small pieces. This helps to get it
> step
> by step into mainline.

No, but if you think any of the features has a chance of integration
I'll create separate diffs happily.

> > The reason i didn't create a local repository is that i want to be able
> > to update the code easily, with svn up.
>
> You could simply set up a git repo from the main repository:
>
> git svn clone --trunk=trunk --tags=tags --branches=branches
> svn://svn.gna.org/svn/freeciv
>
> After that you can update master (= trunk on svn) with git fetch and easily
> rebase your local longturn branches. I use such a git repo as my local copy.
> So, if you have questions, just ask.

Oh, now that I know it's possible I'll check it out. Right now I'm rather
busy, but in a week I'll give it a try.

> > I abandoned the IRC server, since nobody was interested.
> >
> > I hope the autocreate command can be ported to freeciv. It takes a file
> > with a list of player:team:nation: and creates players appropriately.
>
> In 2.3 (and trunk) a lot of thing are possible with lua. If possible, I would
> implement this feature in this language as the infrastructure exists (read
> lua
> file from console; create player).

If you could write it, I'll test it. If it will work I'll remove the c
code. Or if you could just write a hello world and tell me how to run it.
LUA has some pieces of code that can cause Bus error on sparc64.

LTex 2.3 has started, I invite you to join!

--
Michal Mazurek