On Mon, Oct 24, 2011 at 4:33 PM, Marko Lindqvist <cazf...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 24 October 2011 22:20, Jason Dorje Short <jdo...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> For the first time in some time, I have time for freeciv work.  But on
>> compiling, --enable-debug=checks (--enable-debug=yes in older
>> branches) doesn't compile in trunk or in most branches anymore.
>>
>> One issue does seem to be in the GTK header files, both not under our
>> control and commented in the headers as being deprecated in C99 but
>> needed for backwards compatibility.  That particular check (-W flag
>> given to gcc) will have to be removed for it to compile.
>
>  What distribution are you using? Are you using distribution's
> versions of both gcc and gtk+ (one would assume that those are
> compatible with each other)? I have no such problems with Debian
> Wheezy; gcc  4.6.1, gtk2 2.24.6

Ubuntu oneiric.

$ gcc --version
gcc (Ubuntu/Linaro 4.6.1-9ubuntu3) 4.6.1

$ dpkg -l | grep libgtk2.0-dev
ii  libgtk2.0-dev                          2.24.6-0ubuntu5
               Development files for the GTK+ library

In file included from /usr/include/gtk-2.0/gtk/gtk.h:236:0,
                 from colors.h:16,
                 from chatline.c:44:
/usr/include/gtk-2.0/gtk/gtkitemfactory.h:47:1: error: function
declaration isn't a prototype [-Werror=strict-prototypes]
cc1: all warnings being treated as errors

-jason