Am Mittwoch, 26. Oktober 2011, 01:26:49 schrieb Jason Dorje Short:
> On Mon, Oct 24, 2011 at 4:33 PM, Marko Lindqvist <cazf...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > On 24 October 2011 22:20, Jason Dorje Short <jdo...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >> For the first time in some time, I have time for freeciv work.  But on
> >> compiling, --enable-debug=checks (--enable-debug=yes in older
> >> branches) doesn't compile in trunk or in most branches anymore.
> >>
> >> One issue does seem to be in the GTK header files, both not under our
> >> control and commented in the headers as being deprecated in C99 but
> >> needed for backwards compatibility.  That particular check (-W flag
> >> given to gcc) will have to be removed for it to compile.
> >
> >  What distribution are you using? Are you using distribution's
> > versions of both gcc and gtk+ (one would assume that those are
> > compatible with each other)? I have no such problems with Debian
> > Wheezy; gcc  4.6.1, gtk2 2.24.6
>
> Ubuntu oneiric.
>
> $ gcc --version
> gcc (Ubuntu/Linaro 4.6.1-9ubuntu3) 4.6.1
>
> $ dpkg -l | grep libgtk2.0-dev
> ii  libgtk2.0-dev                          2.24.6-0ubuntu5
>                Development files for the GTK+ library
>

> In file included from /usr/include/gtk-2.0/gtk/gtk.h:236:0,
>                  from colors.h:16,
>                  from chatline.c:44:
> /usr/include/gtk-2.0/gtk/gtkitemfactory.h:47:1: error: function
> declaration isn't a prototype [-Werror=strict-prototypes]
> cc1: all warnings being treated as errors

This is a known bug which will not be fixed due to compatibility reasons (see
the documentation in ./doc/HACKING). I think the check is important but it
prevents building the gtk2 client. On my computer I did change the gtk2 header
file to use his debug option but I know this is not always possible ...