> But anyway, in principle, is there a reason not to port the
> changes to the Gtk3 client code wholesale to S2_4? It's not like
> S2_4 gtk3 has a long history of testing behind it

Note that S2_4 gtk3-client is as much copy of gtk2-client as possible, and
gtk2-client has been tested a lot during the years. But you are right that
gtk3-client is all new client anyway, so we could still add stuff to S2_4
version quite liberally. Only that it would require weeding out any
differences in the S2_4 and TRUNK codebases because of network protocol or
client common code differences.