                 Release: 22446
         Discussion Lock: Any
        Operating System: None
         Planned Release:

When I tried to make a new modpack based on Ancients, I stumbled on an option
"gameloss_style".
According to the comment, cities conquered from players still alive were given
back to the previous owner. (So far, I found this already coded).
Depending on the parameter value, the remaining cities are either destroyed or
fall to the hands of some barbarians.

On a local copy based on version 2.4.99-dev, revision 22214, I implemented
some code to do this.

There is also code to have civil war (before any cities fall to barbarians or
vanish without a trace).
The new player gets a palace of its own, and, a Leader (it would be unfair if
the AI had no GameLoss unit to trigger all this features when we have chased
them down).

Also, I coded some benefits for the player "who liberates the oppressed people
from the enemy leader":

up to 3 techs are stolen

a random amount of gold is taken ("in compensation of the war efforts"), from
0 to the amount of gold the victim has had

using some interrogation, we press a (distorted) map from the captured leader

a random number of cities (about a quarter on average, with lesser probability
on higher numbers) can be convinced to "join the righteous cause" of the
victor

It worked on my copy on a few games, but probably has lots of yet unknown bugs
(I'm new to the code and this is my first try).

File Attachments:

Date: Wed 27 Feb 2013 06:18:27 PM GMT  Name: gamelossStyle22446.patch  Size:
11kB   By: imhotep