The idea that one should't be able to unload/load airborne units just anywhere
is one I'd like to have. I'm more concerned about loading side; parachutes do
exist but tanks rarely jump in to airplanes flying over them.

At the same time implementation cannot be anything like this patch - to decide
that unit is airborne from some properties that by coincidence happen to
select just correct units in default ruleset. In fact this may make Burrowing
units from alien ruleset to count as airborne.