I think you are correct. Your patch looks much better than mine: it does the
test at a better location, avoiding code duplication, and handle the order
list as well. Very good!

As for why I thought only sentry activity orders were concerned, I
misunderstood the purpose of the code which I pointed to as a justification
for the bug only happening for sentry order. That code is the part which
inserts units in the urgent list. It does not relate to the category of orders
affected by the bug after a unit is woken up. Oddly though, I never
experienced it in any other situation than the sentry order when playing the
game.

Anyway, I started testing your patch on 2.4-beta-2, and it seems to work
without problem. I'll continue testing and keep you posted if anything comes
up.