Unfortunately server seems to report no kind of errors or problems before it
crashes.

> ./configure --disable-nls --with-sdl-prefix=/usr/local --prefix=/usr/local
--enable-client=gtk3 --with-libiconv-prefix=/opt/local
--with-sdl-exec-prefix=/opt/local --no-create --no-recursion

I tested a build with --disable-nls but that seems to work.
Then I notice that you have "--no-create". Why is that? You're practically
just testing that configure would success in your system if you used it (it
tells that configure checks for dependencies and such pass, but it does not
(re)create files needed for correct build)
I don't even know what --no-recursion is supposed to do (I assume it would
prevent recursing to sub-configures, but there's none in freeciv tree)